SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

Which color and sheen for kitchen cab crown molding?

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

Hi! We have BM Superwhite kitchen cabinets with 30% sheen (not sure what that translates to - Satin, Eggshell, etc.) We have a very open main floor where the mudroom/hall flows into the kitchen which flows into the eat in kitchen which flows into the family room. The family room and EIK are separated by decorative columns.

The molding and columns will be BM Decorator's white, semi-gloss. Our kitchen cabinets need an additional 6" molding to extend to the ceiling. I am assuming that the additional cabinet molding needs to be painted BM Superwhite but what sheen should it get?

At what point, do I switch back to Decorator's White Semi-gloss? I was thinking as soon the cabinet ends, even though the molding is contiguous. Or do I now have to do all of the trim, columns, built-ins in the family room BM Superwhite with the same sheen as the kitchen, whatever that may be? This is essentially, the whole half side of the main floor. The KD said we could do whatever we wanted.

Alternatively, I could keep all of the molding Decorator's White, Semigloss even though it is right next to the BM Superwhite. The old room trim was either a Linen or Dove White and I really notice the difference between that and our new Decorator's White. I'm not sure how different the Superwhite and Decorator's White are from each other

Please advise. Thank you

Comments (3)