SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cspinto

Need help. When did you have to choose cab. hardware?

cspinto
16 years ago

Today was the first day of my cabinet installation (yay!). When I came home this afternoon my cabinetmaker said he needed to know whether I would be using knobs or pulls on the drawers and, if pulls, what is the spacing of the screws. He said he needed to know in the next 10 minutes because he had to drill the holes in order to temporarily fasten the drawer fronts to the boxes to determine whether they needed to be trimmed or not.

I haven't seriously begun to think about hardware and told him I needed to see the cabinets in my kitchen before I decided what knobs/pulls I was going to use. He was adamant that he has to have the answer by tomorrow.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening looking at knobs in stores, calling DH at work and asking him to make a fist and measure his paw, and looking online for pulls. The spacing for pulls differs among manufacturers so I don't know how I can tell him before I've chosen. Heck, I haven't even decided for sure whether I'll use all knobs or some combination of knobs/pulls.

Does this make sense? Why can't he drill a hole to fasten the two pieces together then fill it with wood putty so they can be painted? What am I missing here?

Comments (10)