SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjl443

Air Switch - waterstone or other - soap dispensers

rjl443
11 years ago

Trying to make some decisions and slow-going.

I love-love-love the look of the Waterstone air switch - the traditional deck mount one. The Insinkerator one seems fine but do you really have to push your finger down in it to work it, versus the waterstone it stands up out of the counter more it seems like it would be easier to activate?

Also is there a concern with safety on them - I read something on here that they would not get one because of the danger of switching it on accidentally when a hand was in the sink. We would be doing one on our main sink with a backsplash and a raised bar behind it. The other would be on the backside of our island, with no backsplash an little overhang. Maybe for that one we should consider putting a switch in the under-sink cabinet for safety reasons or I am nuts (well yes). We have a 2 year old.

Would it look ridiculous to get the Waterstone air switch and possibly hot/cold water dispensing faucet (I found a deal on ebay for one of those and I love it too) then a different brand faucet in the same finish on the larger sink? The island sink would just have a faucet and possibly the air switch.

What about soap dispensers? The plumbing parts-sales lady was pushing them saying that otherwise we will have our ugly soap bottle on the counter. We use to have one and honestly we didn't use it a lot, we still had the soap bottle on the counter (it was one you could not fill from the top). Also at a minimum I have a dish detergent and hand soap on the sink, so if we get a soap dispenser should we get 2 one for dish soap, one for hand soap. But then that is 4 holes near the sink - faucet, air switch, dispenser and one with hot/cold water dispenser.

Thanks!

Roberta

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County