SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

I love my new kitchen because...

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

there are SO MANY reasons and I want to share just a few. Maybe it will help motivate someone who is stuck in the drywall dust stage. Trust me -- this is worth it! My kitchen is not ready for the FKB yet because I have no lights yet (still haven't picked them, darnit) but I'll get it up as soon as I can.

But for now, some of the reasons I am so enjoying my new kitchen:

1) when I cook, the smells no longer linger for 3 days. I made bacon this morning, and when DH came home from work at noon, he didn't know. The joy of a functioning vent

2) good flow. The layout just works better. I grab the cereal from the small pantry, the milk from the fridge right next door, pivot and put them on the island. The bowls and spoons are in the drawers in the island. Two steps and I have everything I need for kids at breakfast! You can move easily behind a person working at the sink or cooktop, you can move easily behind seated diners, and it is easy as pie to put away dishes as the dish drawers are just across from the DW in the island.

3) It is lovely to look at :) I love my ming green marble backsplash more with each passing day. My soapstone is really pretty and so fitting for us. it has more veins that I'd prepared for (I prefer quiet stones) so it is taking some getting used to, but there is no denying its beauty. Even my 11 year old fridge and oven look pretty darn good in the new kitchen!

4) I LOVE HAVING SEATING AT THE ISLAND!!! Having island seating was my major motivation for redoing the kitchen and it is as nice as I hoped. My kids love it.

5) this giant bathtub of a sink rocks! I have the Blanco Silgranite 33" single and wow, is this thing cool. I could have two meals worth of dirty dishes in the sink and you'd never know it from across the room.

6) Without soffits and with fewer cabinets, my kitchen looks twice as big. it feels less confining, and it IS less confining.

I was without a real kitchen for just under 6 weeks and we had no major problems. I had a very high quality GC and cabinet maker, good subs, and generally a great remodel experience. I have no desire to do it again soon, but I am so very happy we did it!

I feel like I've posted pics until people are sick of it, but just for the heck of it, here is the kitchen I'm loving :)

{{!gwi}}

Anita

Comments (38)