SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiee511_gw

Oh No.... I am not in Love with my new kitchen....

katiee511
15 years ago

I have been anticipating this day for weeks now. The cabinets have been painted and the carpenters stayed late getting them all installed and putting on the crown. After they left, I cleaned up and then stood in my "new" kitchen and realised "Oh no, I am not in love with this, what was I thinking!!"

Of course, I tell my husband how much I like the changes we are making. I tell the carpenters they did a great job (which they really did) and my GC keeps asking "well, don't you love it? Isn't this the change you wanted?" and I smile and say everything is great.

Only you guys here could (hopefully)understand. Has anyone felt this way?

I guess to be fair to myself and keep in mind all I have read here, I have to tell you that we are far from finished. I don't have my granite in yet, so I can't pick my floor colors (shame on me, I don't have a pic of my slabs and I frankly cannot really remember what they look like. Ooppss) therefore I cannot pick a wall color. The old appliances are being put back because they are fairly new while we take our time shopping for replacements. The backsplash was dropped when we trimmed the budget, so that may be awhile yet.

I hope once all the other pieces are done, it will somehow all come together and be similar to that vision I started out with. Or maybe it was a terrible design to begin with and I just spent a good chunk of our savings........

Thanks for the space here to vent. No one else would quite understand. KWIM? Will I fall in love eventually?? I really am not liking this sick feeling I have in my gut right now. Time to get a glass of wine and deal with it tomorrow, I guess :)

Comments (22)