SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbedelman_gw

Restaurant Dishwasher in Your Home?

sbedelman
15 years ago

I'm wondering if any one has considered installing a restaurant dishwasher (often called a sanitizer) in their home. These appliances, such as the Hobart LXi are like a dishwasher but they take a large plastic basket instead of rack and do a complete wash in about 2 minutes.

The reason I'm thinking about this is that we have space for two dishwashers in our new kitchen. I was for sure going to make one a standard residential type but was thinking the commercial model might make sense for the other.

My thinking is that because the Hobart takes this large rack one can run pots, bowls, pans, whatever through it in a jiffy rather than having to hand wash them. They do plates and glasses too, but that wouldn't be the main purpose except if we had a party or something. In that case the 2 minute cycle would be a wonderful way to zip through everything especially if we needed the stuff to serve the next course or dessert.

I can't really see the downside given we have the space, at least compared to having two standard washers (except cost) but was wondering if anyone had ever thought about this or even has one.

Comments (14)