SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
gramarows

Preparing to list starter home w/o dishwasher etc.: how big a problem?

gramarows
7 years ago

When I bought it and redid the kitchen, I replaced the skanky dishwasher with needed drawers in this small house. City neighborhood is not inner city but not the better area, just ok, not scary. Driveway was completely replaced about 6 years ago, gas hot water heater replaced with top quality last year, new roof last summer, newer basement vinyl windows 5 yo, hardwood floors refinished 10 years ago, still look new, lower kitchen cabs white shaker Omega drawers all wood with maple interiors, etc. 10 years old with corian counter and integrated sink. Nice GE Profile gas SS stove and GE Profile stainless fridge, also 10 years old but look new.. No garbage disposal. Top cabinets painted white currently have no doors. I plan to add shaker white doors only over fridge, stove, and one other, leaving rest open. Sigh, I need to replace ceramic tile floor, and may possibly install currently owned boxes of "high quality" vinyl tiles in a warm cream color. Bath room has a new better quality tub and surround, new stops, new sink in small cab waiting to be installed, will leave my expensive skirted toilet too big for the new house, but I worry first time homeowners are not going to care about the sturdiness of the house or new roof, etc. but will focus on no garbage disposal or dw. A lot of homes in this neighborhood also don't have garages, but probably all have dw. Taxes are low and gas heat reasonable. DD says don't try to rip out the 18" cab next to the sink to put in a DW but give a credit. I fear I will be dramatically reducing the buyer pool. Of course, I will be checking with my realtor soon, but want to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Comments (11)