SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

Now I've been floored....literally!

melissastar
13 years ago

The limestone tile floors went in yesterday and tonight I finally had a chance to walk on them and inspect and....uh-oh.

Two tiles in prominent places are chipped. (there were extras and the chipped tiles could easily have been set aside to use under countertops or appliances). One tile that was cut to fit around an outside corner is cracked with thinset gluing it together. There are multiple places where the thinset is bulging up between the tiles (can they scrape this out? Otherwise, there's no place for the grout!)

And there are two prominent places where there are 5-6 tiles that are distinctly different in color and tone from the others, making a big "blotch" rather than being blended in throughout the floor.

Is it unreasonable to expect tile installers to A) when it is natural stone, use some discretion in laying it out so that there aren't those blotches of variation. And B) to NOT use a tile that is obviously chipped?

Am I just being a Bee-otch? I am so weary of this renovation....it's no longer a joy at all.

Comments (2)