SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
korina_gw

Why I've been away

17 years ago

For anyone who's interested:

In the current issue of African Violet Magazine is an article about micronutrient toxicity. The article said that plants don't recover from this, and any babies will have the same problems (she's right). The pictures looked exactly like my plants, and the descriptions were right on. So I sucked in a deep breath and threw out 95% of my collection. Including my beloved Senks (whimper), Tiny Moon Goddess (the best little lady ever), and all the micromini varieties I got from Fay Wagman.

What's left is one Rob's Cherry Soda, one noid, one Rainbow's Quiet Riot, one Rob's Love Bite (actually healthy-looking), some pots of Falling Snow, and one Sweet Cheri Trail. Most if not all of these will probably be thrown out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also left are my Sinningias (thanks Larry) and Streps (thanks Irina). To console myself I bought Opera's Paolo (with powdery mildew) and a couple of mini orchids.

Ironically, at the next club meeting I'll be giving a talk on pH. Hah!

I'm a bit disheartened right now, but also relieved; my babies had been ailing for a long time, and at least I now know why. I'll call it a learning experience.

Now I just have to get the scale (die! die! die!) off my Nematanthus and assorted orchids, and the PM off Paolo...

Korina

American Maid: I've gotta hand it to you Tick, you've really dropped the ball this time.

Sewer Urchin: Yeah. Definitely some serious ball dropping going on.

Comments (18)