SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mebry_gw

I'm losing it! Advice please on sink wall!

mebry
13 years ago

Hi everyone -

I need your help getting creative with my sink wall. As the plan has evolved, it's become clear that the sink must be located on an interior wall in order to maximize functionality. I'm ok with this, but want to make it as attractive as possible, of course. We've toyed with glass cabinets, plate rack/drainer mounted below cabinets above the sink. I am thinking I like the idea of 1 or 2 thick shelves above the sink for display with glass cabinets on either side.

On the elevation you can see the beginning of this plan. I think the two uppers at either end need to be wider and have glass doors. I am thinking about solid doors across the top. Then again, maybe all those cabinets should be glass? Yikes, I am losing it!

Can anyone show me what they did with their sink on a wall? Anyone do a shelf & prop a pretty, tall mirror on it? (in my kitchen the mirror would reflect the french doors/backyard - pretty). A piece of art would be great too. This wall will be somewhat of a focal point, so I want to maximize its potential!

The wall is 153" long and 120" tall. The fridge is a 36" SZ and sink cabinet is 33" wide to accommodate a shaw's farmhouse sink. Counters will be calacatta gold, cabs painted a light gray/taupe with island a few shades darker. dark HW floors, room opens onto small sunroom/family room addition with lots of windows.

Sorry to ramble, but any input you can give is so very much appreciated! I have meeting tomorrow with contractor, KD & cabinetmaker. Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)