SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dljmth

Another Newbie Seeking Kitchen Layout Advice

dljmth
12 years ago

I have been reading and reading the posts and looking at the various layouts. After several (at least 10) iterations, here's what I've come up with. Would appreciate your feedback.

1. The island is a bar type but I would prefer the island to go in a vertical direction rather than horizontal as it would open up the space more. However, I think I would be limited to a much smaller island and can't figure out a good layout for it as it would mean there would be sink directly across from sink and both would be further from the refrig.

2. I dislike the panel view of the island as you walk into the room. I would prefer to have seating there, but again, I can't seem to get the space to work. I was thinking maybe of having some sort of interlocking 'L' spaces - one raised, the other lower. I've included pictures. Thoughts?

3. Overall, the entire layout feels very tight to me. We will direct the architect to make high ceilings so hopefully it won't feel so cramped.

4. Any suggestions on how to handle the corner? I don't want wasted space. I was thinking that I could add those narrow spice drawers on each side of the base of the range (don't know if that could work and how it would affect the corner).

5. Could we put a larger fridge in and still not feel cramped when cooking?

Again, I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!!

Overall plan

{{!gwi}}

3D view - I didn't include all the visual appliances

{{!gwi}}

Alternate island idea layout

{{!gwi}}

Alternate island 3D views

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)