SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

BM Linen White or Navajo white -- your thoughts please. . .

sayde
13 years ago

I posted this on the Paint Forum but there is so much more going on here . . .

For my east facing (window) old-house kitchen I am now trying to decide between BM Linen White and Navajo White.

I started out looking at beige/creams, thinking to match the floor tile (cream and brown checkerboard). But the cream tiles change from ivory-white-cream to warm almost light apricot grey as the light changes. Anything that looked even remotely like the correct match was only a match for a small part of any day and invariably seemed too dark anyway. Tried and rejected Lighthouse Landing, Frappe, Barely Beige, Opaline, Manchester Tan, F&B Joa's White, Archive and several others that were even less right.

So this brought me to the off-whites and ultimately to Navajo and Linen, which coincidentally are BM's best sellers according to MPC. DUH I could have saved myself a lot of time and trouble. What we always said in school -- the classics are classic because they're classic.

So -- the Navajo is probably closer to the chroma of the tile but sometimes tends toward grey in my kitchen. I want warm, but not grey (or pink or orange or brown) The Linen seems less mutable but is much brighter and more of a contrast with the floor.

Only the wall directly across from the window will be painted (plus little bits of others and the back hall). Gumwood cabinets (midtone), light warm-neutral blackspash, wood and ivory marble counters.

Would so welcome hearing thoughts about either/both of these colors-- the right answer is just not coming to me, though I have at least narrowed it down (I think).

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!