SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

BM Linen White or Navajo white -- your thoughts please. . .

sayde
13 years ago

Starting out looking at sands and beiges but have gradually eliminated each one as too orange, pink, brown or grey, which brought me to the lighter value off whites, and ultimately to BM Navajo and Linen white, which according to MPC are the best selling BM colors. Tried and rejected Lighthouse Landing, Frappe, Barely Beige, Opaline and a bunch of others that were even less right.

This is a kitchen with east light. Floor is checkerboard medium brown and a creamy tile that changes from ivory-yellow to warm light grey-peachy as the light changes (Seneca Espresso and Cappuchino). I thought I wanted to match the lighter tiles, but that seems impossible and also too dark.

Navajo plusses -- seems more nearly like the tiles Negatives-seems to tend toward grey in my kitchen in some lights. I don't want a grey tonality. Linen White --nice and bright (too bright for the floor?) but have read that it can read as yellow which would not work either. I definitely want a warm tendency, though, not a modern pure white or grey white -- this is an old tudor house with gumwood cabinets in the kitchen.

Most of the colors I have tried look more grey in the kitchen than they do on the chips in outside light.

Any thoughts? please?

Comment (1)