SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chichichicago

Recommendation for 30"induction cooktop ?

Chichichicago
10 years ago

I am in the final stages of making some decisions for a complete kitchen remodel. We have a modest sized kitchen in a condominium. I will be losing some counter space because of adding a pantry and wall ovens. Because of this I was entertaining the idea of a 30" induction cooktop, with a set of 3 drawers underneath. Because of this website - I visited the induction site. There they reference the space requirements underneath the cooktop - with GE being the most onerous at 12". OK - I would like a functional utensil drawer under my cooktop. I looked at the specs on a variety of cooktops - and frankly I cannot understand them. I have asked my appliance purveyor - and the response is that they do not recommend induction due to the additional electrical requirements (my contractor is fine with that), the space requirements below (no mention of which manufacturer has the minimum and how much space that is), and that it is hard to clean. (I have not read that anyplace). Does anyone have one with a functional drawer underneath a 30" induction cooktop? If so what model/brand?

Comments (10)