SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeh_yeh

Thermador or Miele 30" induction cooktop?!?

yeh_yeh
9 years ago

I have been reading messages here and I have learned a lot and got a lot of great ideas on kitchen remodeling. However, I can't decide on the cooktop even though I have been reading discussion for weeks...We just bought a 20 years old house and we are going to remodel the kitchen and get new wood flooring before we move in. The kitchen is not that big so I am going with 30" induction cooktop instead of the 36". Most of my other appliances will be Miele (30" wall oven, speed oven, DW), however, Miele's current induction cooktop does not have numbered power selection. I don't like the +/- button and I know it will drives me nuts if I get it so I am considering the Thermador 30" black cooktop which has the numbered power selection. However I do prefer Miele's layout over Thermador's. I also read people have problem with both brands: weveral Thermador owners have the issue of "error" code while several Miele owners have the issue of cooktop not turning on. I know those could be just lemon and it really depends on one's luck. But I can be quite bad luck sometime >

Comments (3)