SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pbrisjar

Tired of the rollercoaster. Gonna do my own thing.

pbrisjar
15 years ago

There are still things I hate about my new kitchen and things I don't like but can live with. The end is still nowhere in sight as we just keep having delay after delay. I've decided for my sanity's sake that there are certain things that must and will happen:

1) I'm reclaiming my kitchen as a kitchen as fast and as much as I can. First step will be to clean out the upper cabs and start re-filling them. Lower cabs will happen once Hubby gets the drawers installed. When it comes time to redo the floors I'll just seal the darned things with plastic wrap.

2) No more construction junk all over the cabs and floors. The only thing that will be permitted is what is necessary for the current project. Tip-toeing around cans of stain and paintbrushes and saws and whatever else is getting very, very old.

3) Set up a real cooking area with what I have available. NO non-cooking junk allowed.

4) I am NOT giving in on future decisions. Hubby has enough of the things he wanted for a room he doesn't even use. This has gone from a home we might stay in for 2-5 years to a home we'll be in for probably 10+ years (if not "forever"). It needs to be a home I'm happy in. Right now I'm not and no amount of positive thinking can change that.

The big change: I'm researching ways to change the horrible stain color on our cabs. (Hubby did an excellent job, it's just nowhere near the color I wanted.) I've got a post over in woodworking on this if anyone cares to follow it.

Comments (23)