SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenanla

Bank owned, short sale, my neighbors are doing me in...

jenanla
16 years ago

We are in the middle of building our dream home, and we starting to get our current house ready to sell. Over the weekend I had a friend who is a realtor come and give some input on the house. (I just took the Real Estate Salespersons course and I'm hoping to bring the listing with me when I sign on with a broker).

Besides looking at the house she brought a list of comps for me. Well that was certainly an eye opener. I was already aware of the house 6 doors away that was forclosed 1 yr ago (the bank keeps dropping the price, to the point it makes me sick). Well if that wasn't bad enough, my friend also let me know about the house that is only 4 doors away that listed 6 days ago as a short sale. I can't believe it.

If I want to list my house I now have to compete with these 2 properties that are way under what we had planned on listing at by at least a difference of $30,000.00 to $50,000.00

I'm not talking about what we unrealistically hope to get for our house, I'm talking about what other houses in the same town are selling for. We've already accounted for the fact that house prices have declined.

Thanks for listening, I needed to vent. I can't help but be irritated about the circumstances. Sure I feel bad for the families losing their homes, but it's hard not to be ticked off.

Comments (23)