SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Back Spash Advice

kylady7
10 years ago

I know this is always one of the last and hardest things in a kitchen remodel and I would love to just give it a Rest...and decide later...but my tile guy will be unavailable after next week for quite a long time...much longer than I want to wait...so I'm trying to decide this weekend and get the tiles for him on Monday! Yikes!!
I know I had asked about the Glass Tile in a post earlier this week..but can't find it nor the answers...so asking again.

The tile I had chosen is absolutely beautiful...but not in my kitchen......it is a glass tile of chocolate and silvery blue...much like the BM Tranquility that is on the walls, and the chocolate in my floor....but when I put it up around the walls to get a feel of how it would look....I immediately said No...too busy and competes with the Granite....which by the way is so much prettier than it shows in the picture! It is much lighter in color and the cabinets are also much lighter!!
My husband even said.....that is just too much...takes away from the granite and it's all you see when you walk in the kitchen....so it's a No!
Will you please give me a idea of what you think will work....I will appreciate so much all the Advice and Suggestions I can get.
My thought is to go with a cream travertine so that it will complement and still be more understated than the granite? Anyone agree?

Please Help!! Thanks so much!

Comments (20)