SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donblackie

Need counter top and back splash Advice for a Modern Remodel

donblackie
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello fellow Houzzers. My wife and I are currently remodeling a 1960's ranch and we are trying to figure out the best path for our kitchen counter tops and backsplash.

Attached below is a pic of the kitchen layout. (In hindsight we should have laid out the windows more thoughtfully) We had the cabinets made with Grigio Bromo Fenix NTM. We are thinking of doing the perimeter counters in absolute black honed. The dishwashers and built in refrigerator will be paneled in the same material. There will be a 48" thermador range in the middle.

We are trying to figure out what we should do on the island top (waterfall) and backsplash.

There will be a custom walnut herringbone table attached to the right side of the island.

1. Should we try to match the island counter top with the backsplash? If so, we are leaning toward a porcelain material as they make the same pattern in different thickness for counter and wall application.

2. My wife and I are leaning more towards a natural stone on the counters. Something like a White Santorini Quartzite. If we go that route, what should we do for the backsplash?

I am also attaching a pic of our inspiration pic for reference.

Any advice and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Don

Our Kitchen

The floor is white oak

Inspiration Kitchen

Oakland Modern · More Info

Comments (21)