SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Carinr & her Flylady or Polish your Sink!

CEFreeman
11 years ago

(Long, of course!)

I sometimes hate myself. Mostly I hate myself when I come home from work in the middle of the night and can't stand the piles of crap everywhere. I blame continual construction -- which in some places is valid. However, I'm going to bare my soul here and probably embarrass myself. Sometimes it's not.

I am building so much storage IKEA would be jealous. It'll all have to be painted or stained, so I've just been cramming stuff in those cabinets, or stacking it so I could "later". I might use it (in a year or so) and need it nearby.

My cat room with its new vinyl flooring is becoming organized because I had to take everything out of it. Clean, too! However, "everything" has been on the front porch now for 2 weeks.

I'll begin by being honest.

(Here's big one: ) I sleep in my laundry. Well. Beside it.

I have a carpet remnant balled up on the kitchen floor on the plywood where I step over it because I'm moving my cabs around. Ok, so the trash pull-out/silverware drawer is in the middle of the room and has been for, oh, say 6 weeks, but it's handy having another cabinet top to set things on because the counters are stacked with "important" crap.

You get the gist.

So in comes this Flylady thing. I read her site and said, yes, good idea. and went to bed.

Today, though, I

emptied my DW (only doing them once a month or so, anyway) and

put the rinsed dishes stacked int he sink IN the DW.

I [whisper] polished my gorgeous, RED, Kohler double-bowl, 'Hawthorne' farm sink. Oh, sooooo pretty!
I was inspired to declutter. Some. Just a bit, I said. Really don't want to get carried away with this craziness.

I cleaned out a MBR cabinet (stuff stacked other places now, though) and

organized the King bed-sized linens in it. Out of site and out of cat fur and dust now!

I did 3 loads of laundry, including the sheets I sleep on, (ok, not "in") and the laundry I've been kicking around. While I sleep.

I ... made my bed. OMG. What a concept!

I ... sorted piles of laundry I've had folded & stacked until "later" and put them away or sorted to donate.

I folded the new laundry and PUT IT AWAY!.

Then I stopped to eat and write in my "What I did today" journal (so know I actually do accomplish things in my life), and tell you here, what a revolution I'm undergoing.

Tomorrow I plan to tackle the new piles organizing created and probably something in the kitchen. My piles of papers are (an) organized (mess) so those can wait.

Anyway, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I admit I've become a housekeeping pig. Exhaustion, overwork, overwhelmedness and probably some depression has me just ignoring things or going to bed. Really, since I could tell you exactly where everything is, right down to tape, paper clips, that funny square screwdriver, etc., I felt organized. It was just the piles that blew my cover.

So. Flylady or Carinr, I don't know whom I dislike the most at the moment, but I'll figure it out. In the meanwhile, I think I'll dust my bedroom tomorrow for the first time since I moved back in in 2006. Maybe the kitchen, too, but I don't want to lose my mind. 15 minutes is all Flylady asks.

I Kinda hate you. But, as I said, with loving kindness.

And my sink is polished.

Comments (9)