SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Please review 3 different finalized layout options

remodelfla
15 years ago

I finalized 3 different layout options to show to BF/DH. There are things about each that I like and concessions that I'd make in all. The galley is hands down my favorite but definitely involves the most expense and work structurally/plumbing/electrical. That's the concession there. That, and I know it will be the one DH is most resistant too for the very reasons I mentioned. I'm trying to weigh if it's that much functionally better, that it would be worth the negotiation and expense. I want a beautiful kitchen but I want function first. I can outfit with beautiful materials no matter what I choose.

Final Vertical Galley

Final L:

Involves some plumbing but not too bad since it exists just to the left. We could actually not drop an ibeam for support when we take out the wall between the current kitchen and sunroom and put in two columns if it's a cheaper and easier structural fix... seems like it would be. I like the island but worry that there's not enough storage as in the other layouts.

Final Horizontal Galley

This would be DH's favorite in terms of no plumbing to speak of. The top part of the laundry room wall (aka pantry) is removed in all three layotus. In this one he would only have to cut the 4' of wall I'm taking out in the other two layouts into a half wall. I assume that saves on some electrical work. I like ALOT that I net an overhang for eating. We could (I think) do the support columns in this one too if it's that much cheaper/easier. I orginally didn't think I'd like this layout but after looking at a posters kitchen today on another thread (colorful and beautiful marble); I realized how much I'd enjoy working in a cozy beautiful kitchen like that. It's really going to be MY space. with grandkids as helpers one day but that wouldn't be an everyday occurance.

I'd really appreciate if you take the time once more to review and give me your honest feedback. Again; I want to prioritize function over form.

Thanks for all the help you all have given me.

Elyse

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations