SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fumet_gw

Please review my ''final'' layout

fumet
10 years ago

Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks back about layout for my little kitchen. I got some really great help that pushed me in the right direction(s). I ended up with 2 different layouts to mull over. One more practical layout - keeping all kitcheny things in the main area and the smaller area for a table. The other is potentially less practical as it moves the pantry and fridge to the smaller area and has bar seating and therefore loads of counter space in the main area.

Well, my lovely wife completely killed the second idea as she really wants a proper table rather than bar seating. Oh well. I have the same power over other decisions, so this is fair.

I have posted a few pix of the "revised07f" layout. To get more counter space on the right wall (on the plan) I went for a very narrow full height pantry which slides out - just for jars, etc. There is a dishwasher to the left of the sink and a pullout bin to the right of the sink by the cooking prep corner. There is also a usable prep space on the other side if two of us are cooking.

I went with an integrated fridge so it blends in a bit.. which means moving the current fridge down to the basement - that will be a fun day! My only concern I have with this kitchen is the sight line as you enter the kitchen - the integrated fridge blocks the view into the kitchen and creates a bit of a corridor. I cant think of any way around this with this layout.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback, as I am keen to move onto the next stage. I dont know how to post multiple pictures so there will be a few posts,.. sorry!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Thread

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida