SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ppbenn_gw

Where should the speed oven go?

ppbenn
11 years ago

I'm thinking of using the GE advantium 240 speed oven either the built in or the above the range version 240.

Apparently you cannot install the built in under a counter.

It can only go above counter. (The 120 version can go under counter but if I'm getting one I want the faster cooking version.)

I would put either of these behind sliding doors because they are ugly.

Which would you do?

Sit the built in on the counter? This would be in the middle of the counter run which is 6 feet. I can recess this unit so I have 1 foot of counter in front of the unit.

Advantages are it is bigger and would be my second oven.

Or

Use the smaller above the range version built into the cabs above the counter. This would free up all the counterspace underneath. This unit is more like a regular microwave size but still cooks as fast. The door opens from the side. The built in opens like an oven.

If you have one of these how do you like it? Guess I should post on appliance forum but since this is primarily a design question I need to throw it to you guys.

Cabinet guy can make anything work even to covering with doors since these units are ugly.

I have to stick with the GE as the local appliance store can give me a great deal.

Thanks for your help. I'm so stuck on this.

Comments (15)