SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sillybilly5_gw

Opinions requested for a (hopefully) classic kitchen

sillybilly5
13 years ago

Hi!

I've been using this great site for a while now, but I've never actually written on it. I need your opinions on my kitchen design. I'm worrying about a bunch of elements of this design so please bear with my neuroses...

My hope is that I get a timeless, classic look and I'm worried that my choices would be considered traditional. The leaded glass upper cabinet inserts is what worries me the most. Do you think this will look weird? too traditional? I'm also worried about the number of them? Do you think having all of the upper cabinets inset with leaded glass inserts would be too busy/overwhelming?

I'm also worried that the nook above the refrigerator will look too traditional. It's a 48" wide flushmount fridge so the nook will be huge. What the heck will I put in there? Any other suggestions about how to finish the area above the fridge?

The perimeter of the kitchen will have light cream/white coloured cabinets. The island will be walnut and the inner part of its design will have burled wood.

I'm not sure whether I should make the servery and pantry the cream colour or walnut. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also have to choose Option 1 or Option 2 of the Range Elevation. My home is a french chateau style, so the canopy would "match" the exterior front elevation, but again, I don't want the kitchen to be too traditional-looking. I guess the look I'm going for is transitional. Which option would you choose?

I have to sign off on this by the end of the week; unfortunately, I just thought of asking this forum now. So if you could let me know asap what you think or give me any tips, I'd really really appreciate any help you would provide.

Just follow the link and I've put anything related to my design there.

Thanks!

S.

P.S. The kitchen designer made a few minor mistakes/omissions that I noticed, so you don't need to worry that I missed them ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen design

Comments (15)