SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidigo_gw

Appliances or Granite - what s/b installed first?

heidigo
12 years ago

Does it really matter?? Appliance and granite install will be on Wednesday - today. We requested from the appliance store a morning delivery(our contractor will install) and a late day install for granite. Granite place last Friday said that s/b fine and will look at doing 3pm granite install. So I get home this evening and notice msg on answering machine - granite install is scheduled for 9:30am and appliances will be delivered btwn 10:30-2:30. Aaaahhhh!! I HATE when things don't go as planned (esp when all other calls from granite and appliance place have been to my cell phone, and these calls were to home phone which I don't get until later in the evening when I get home from work and by that time, granite place is closed!).

So does it really matter which is installed first?? Granite place on Friday said that the range s/b installed to make sure they have a good fit for granite next to it. Do most people have appliances already installed when granite is installed? Should I just go with the flow, or should I be making calls first thing in the am to tell granite place they need to install later?? TIA for your responses - I am all decisioned-out!!

Comments (4)