SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

What 2do? Half of installed tile wrong/matte. Supposed 2B gloss

bridget helm
3 years ago

The whole bottom half of the wall in our master bath was just tiled in white 4x8 subway tiles. I told the contractor interceramic glossy white. There was never a discussion about any other color. It’s one of the only decisions I DIDN‘T gem and has over.

The LED ceiling “can lights” went in today, and one of the walls was grouted as well.

i got home around 6 and turned the lights on in the bathroom for the first time ever and noticed entire rows of tile are a different shade of white. I got up close and realized at least half of them are matte white.

I will feel terrible having the guys rip them out and retile, but they‘re supposed to all be glossy. I wish i would have noticed sooner. It took grout and lights b4 i could tell, though.

how do contractors handle this sort of thing? I know he ordered the right thing. I think the tile distributor sent some of the right tiles and some of the wrong/matte tiles. I’m dreading having to point this out in Monday🙁

the 4x8’s surrounding the shower are all matte/wrong :(

But all tiles inside the shower are correct/glossy

i haven’t checked the water closet/toilet room because there’s no light in there but they feel like they’re all glossy.

i‘m so stressed about how to even say this Monday when the men get here. They’ve worked so hard.

Comments (21)