SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Of Zeus, And The Perfect Faucet System

John Liu
13 years ago

The perfect faucet system. Let's say that again, with feeling. The Perfect Faucet System. What is it? I've been giving a lot of thought to this. Let's see what we have.

General principle: the Perfect Faucet System should give you absolute mastery, divine power, Zeus-like command, over water. When Zeus wanted clear pure water from the streams of Mount Olympus, he didn't shuffle off to the refrigerator. It was there, at his fingertips. When he wanted a soothing flow of exactly 68F water - for the darkroom of the Gods - he didn't twiddle H and C knobs and test and twiddle some more. A flick of his finger, and it was there. When he wanted a ferocious torrent of scouring water, to blast clean the muck from the Aegean Stables, he didn't settle for a pissant 2.2 gpm tinkle. A wave of his godly hand, and Jason brought him a dripping stable-ful of Golden Muck. When Zeus wanted to boil Hector alive with a bolt of super-heated water from the rivers of Hades - well, Achilles got there first, but Zeus had the steaming bolt ready. And when Zeus finished cutting up that young fryer chicken for stock last night, why, he summoned cleansing water without even using his chicken-y hands.

That's what we're talking about. That's what we want from the Perfect Faucet System. How do we get it?

I'm seeing something like this.

First, two 4'' wrist blade handles, one for H and one for C. No grasping or turning with slippery fingers, just a flick of the Olympian wrist.

Second, a swing spout with a 6'' elbow blade handle. A shrug of the mighty elbow calls forth mixed water of just the right temperature.

Third, a pre-rinse sprayer. Not a consumer-grade 2.2 gpm mister, we're not trying to drip-irrigate that dirty dish. A commercial-grade zero-restriction high-pressure blaster. That plus a new $5,000 supply line to the street gives you a 7 gpm torrent at the squeeze of a handle. Scour dishes, suppress rioting children, you can do anything.

Fourth, a pair of H and C foot pedal valves plumbed to the swing spout downstream of the elbow blade handle. No matter if you've been juggling salmonella-dripping hens, your faucet need never feel bacteria's slimy touch.

Fifth, an instant hot water tank, and a under-counter cold water filtration unit, plumbed to the H and C inlets of a second faucet. I mean, the standard dispensers for those devices aren't exactly good-looking and they never match the main faucet, so let's use something that is and does.

Sixth, a touchless soap dispenser triggered by an electric eye. No, don't think ''institutional restroom'', think ''no more dirty fingers on the soap dispenser''.

Can you tell I've spent too much time with the Chicago Faucets catalog? I hear Zeus has a customer account there, and he pays with Greek maidens.

That's my idea of a Perfect Faucet System. What is yours? What is the most over-the-top PFS you would have, if money, plumbers' bills, and Significant Other's protests were but the puny human irrelevancies that they should be?

Comments (4)