SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigi_4321

Layout feedback

12 years ago

Hi all,

This is hopefully my final design unless anyone can spot a major flaw. The sink, range and refrigerator need to remain as placed in the plan. If it's not clear on the floor plan, the sink wall is 150", range wall 200" and the refrigerator wall is 144". The distance from range wall to refrigerator wall is 170".

The details:

All base cabinets will be painted an off white, along with the one wall cabinet.

The three tall cabinets and the refrigerator cabinet will be rift cut white oak, left natural.

Floor: Walker Zanger limestone (which I got a BIG discount on thanks to a post on GW!) Although, if 3 tons of it were not sitting in my driveway, I would change it to travertine because it was still freaking expensive!

Range: Black Lacanche Sully

Refrigerator: 48" Sub zero stainless (not purchased yet so can change)

Microwave: built in something or other, Sharp or ?

Sink: custom flat apron front stainless

Faucets: not sure yet

Range hood: sheet rock with wood accent

Liner: need suggestions, ventahood? proline?

Counters: Calacatta Oro or Gold, something on the warmer side

Window: steel framed french casements

Island: Free standing iron base with wood top, maybe the white oak?

Lights: 4" led cans, large chandelier over island, 3 pendants over sink/window

Other design elements: the first two cabinets when you walk in will look like china cabinets with glass doors and baseboard molding. The base cabinets next to range, sink run and to the left of refrigerator will have iron feet of some sort.

Back splash: 3" marble

Behind range, Photo (not sure of what yet) the width of the range, from range to hood tall, covered with glass. So like a framed photo without the frame.

Or, weathered steel

So, the question is, is there too many different elements in this kitchen design? Oh, I forgot the iron curtain rod with burlap silk curtains.

The look I am going for is slightly eclectic, neutral yet warm.

Any comments?

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab296/Gigi4321_photo/

Comments (10)