SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_cwod

Island toe kick and bracket feet

chris_cwod
11 years ago

Hi,

We are putting in a rather skinny island in our kitchen (24" cabinets, 6 feet long) and plan to put a recessed toe kick all around the island. We've been told that would be the most practical, easy to clean, and ergonomic (it will become our main prep area and we have a toddler). However, I'm not sure I want a "floating" look for the island. The island will be black with cream granite, which is different from the rest of the kitchen, so we prefer that it look more furniture-like.

So we're considering putting decorative bracket feet on the corners, along with the toe kick all around. The hope is that it will be both practical and have the look we want.

Has anyone done this and can share some pictures of how it looks? I'd love to see some close-ups as well as the overall look. Or any concerns/considerations we might not have thought of?

Also, we plan to do faux doors on 3 sides of the island that don't have cabinets. Is there any other molding we'd need to add if we're using bracket feet? Or do we literally just stick them on the corners and that's it?

Thanks very much for your help!

Comments (8)