SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Plinth / Toe kick lighting

tigger
15 years ago

Hello & Happy New Year!

We are in the process of an extensive renovation that includes a new kitchen and I have a million questions - but I'll refrain from asking all at once!

My first question concerns plinth (UK term) or toe kick lighting. This seems very popular in kitchens in the UK, however when searching, I can't find much about it in the US. We would like to use small recessed lights around the perimeter of our island in the toe kick mostly for decorative purposes. Has anyone done this in your kitchen? If so, what source did you use for the lights? I was able to find a lot through UK websites, but we'd prefer to avoid the extra expense associated with ordering from there if possible. I've also found some things that may work in the US such as mini recessed puck lights, but was wondering if there are other options. We've considered rope lighting as well since it's inexpensive, but I really like the look of individual lights. I was thinking approx. 3-4 on each side (long side) of the island, and 2 on the ends. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES