SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Sending Emails to Members via ''My Page''

Buehl
10 years ago

Personally, I have received a few emails recently "offline". However, because the person does not allow others to contact him/her via email, I have not been able to reply. I noticed today another GW member has had that experience as well.

So, while many of us welcome emails from other GW members offline/privately, if you don't have the option turned on in your profile that allows others to contact you, we cannot reply!

Here's what you have to do:

1. In the upper right corner of most GW pages, you will find a "Your Profile" link - select it.

2. Scroll down to the greenish-yellowish shaded area at the bottom with all the checkboxes. (What color is that????)

3. Select "Members" from the dropdown box labeled "Show my email address to:" (So far, this does not appear to affect what is displayed in the "Posted by" line - I'm testing it)

4. Check the box next to "Allow other users to send you email from your profile page or if you wish to receive message reply notifications."

5. Now, select the "Save Your Member Profile" button below the shaded area.

6. You're done! You can now receive replies to your offline* emails.

*Offline means sending a private message via a user's "My Page". The message is seen only by the member to whom you are sending the message.

(Hmmm..I thought I submitted this already!)

[Edited to add additional step (#3)]

This post was edited by buehl on Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 14:09

Comments (7)