SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
this_old_1969_ranch

Stressed out over Corain measure - seams

Hi Everybody,

So we had decided on Corian and Ravine from the Martha Stewart collection.

We had the measure today. A few concerns.

-- apparently the material comes in 30" widths. Our countertop is extra deep in one part of the peninsula where the counter will cover the cabinets, a 4" wall and 3" of overhang. The installer said they may need to run a seam straight down the middle (the long way) of the countertop, and they might need two additional seams to create a V by the corner sink. It sounds like seam city. Our pattern is directional. I'm afraid it's going to look stupid.

-- The electrician was creative in outlet placement. The measurers have suggested either a small 2.25" backlash to go under or 5.5" backsplash to go over one rogue outlet that is under a window. I might like the backsplash to do an L to go under the outlet, or a U to go under the outlet but the installer said they usually go entirely over or under

-- Our slide in Kitchenaid stove has a grate behind it. They say we should take it off. My husband says we should leave it on and perhaps it's not meant to be removed at all. I don't know what to do about this. There is only a fraction of countertop behind the grate.

Thanks for reassurance. I am tempted to go formica and save $2,000 if the seaming is going to be crazy. My husband may kill me if I change my mind but I don't want a seaming mess.

A seam right down the middle sounds fugly. Really. Any reassurance, suggestions or advice?

Thank you,
Karen

Comments (12)