SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlll

Cabinet Pic Progress and aisle width ?

sandlll
13 years ago

Day 3 completed for kitchen cab install. They have a lot of scribing to do, the floor is uneven etc... The way my island is designed it has "pencil" drawers on the stool side, so I ended up needing to raise the whole island up to a little over 37", not including countertop. So, the perimeter will stay at 36, hope it will be ok. Tonight I need to figure out exactly where the island will sit in the kitchen. I could use all the help I could get with this! Where it sits in these photos(doesn't include overhang), there is 38" in the main walk thru (ignore stool, I will get backless stools that will tuck under the counter)

35 1/4 to range (includes overhang)

36" between fridge space (fridge space is immediately to the left in this photo)

and a whopping 54" between the peninsula and the island. This is because the closer you bring them, the main walkway aisle gets narrower too since there is a corner that juts out.

Given the dimensions, which way is best to squeeze things? We are definitely used to tight quarters (small village new england colonial), but which placement will be less annoying? THe GC and I were thinking of maybe moving it down 6 inches towards the peninsula, which would give 42 at the fridge, 48" at the peninsula, and the walk thru would then be about 32" after accounting for the overhangs. Not sure which way would be best...

Comments (3)