SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Cabinets In Progress (Pix) & Question

Laurie
13 years ago

Well, here are my cabinets in progress - Kraftmaid Quarter Sawn Oak, "Morristown" (Shaker style) in "Kaffe" finish.

The large pantry you see is not bolted to the wall yet. The other wall isn't seen either. Contractor expects the balance to be finished today, other than the cabinet over the sink (the tiny window which is the bane of my existence)which was overhanging the window and had to be re-ordered at the last moment.

BTW - cabinet at window has to be moved over to be at same place as other cabinet - should be right up to edge as other. They need to place some fillers. Kind of wish we had not come up so close to the window with these - I'm not liking the boxed in feeling of it right now but maybe once it's all finished (and the cabinet above is installed, sill added, etc.) it will look better.

I'm telling you - that window just annoys me but hindsight IS 20/20.

Anyhoo - I have a question about that BEAM you see! Anyone have any interesting ways to handle this to make it less prominent? Or to highlight it instead? Not sure what color I'm going for on the walls yet - to be determined as a whim call this weekend.

FYI - counters will be Ceasarstone Jerusalem Sand - no backsplash picked yet so I'm open to suggestions based on that and; Hardware ORB, as is faucet. Sink is the brown Silgranite and appliances are SS.

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH