SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

Prep sink to compliment farmhouse main sink?

olivesmom
11 years ago

What sort of prep sink compliments a white fireclay apron sink? Does it matter?

It would be helpful if I had a drawing, but I don't so I'll try to be concise.There will be a large rectangular island containing an under-mounted prep sink. Standing at the prepsink you are looking out towards the dining/great room. Island countertop will be butcherblock which will be oiled so that I can cut directly on it. Behind the prep sink, along the wall, is the range, flanked on either side by the all refrigerator/ freezer. To the left of the prep sink is the perimeter counter with double stacked ovens, counter space, main sink, more counter run. On the opposite perimeter (to the right of the prep sink) is a beverage/ snack center with a small counter top and bar sink. Perimeter counters will be Calcutta gold.

I was leaning toward an undermounted SS prep sink and smaller bar sink, but I'm not sure. I've recently fallen in love with several waterstone faucets and the Tuscan bronze finish is really calling me. Not sure how the bronze finish will look with a SS sink. I need to see the faucets in person, but the antique pewter might be an option as well.

There won't be a lot of other stainless as I plan to have the fridge and freezer fully integrated. The range will be a bluestar, which might be stainless or maybe a color (dark olive green?). The hood will be covered. The dishwashers will be paneled as well. The double wall ovens will be stainless. Cabinets will be a grayish-green or a mousy sort of brown and there won't be any uppers other than the beverage center and the cabinet containing the double wall ovens.

We are bulding on a wooded lot in the pacific northwest. Going for a modern sort of cabin/ farmhouse look with cottage/craftsman/rustic touches.

So I guess my question is how will stainless undermounted prep sink and bar sink look in the same kitchen with a large white fireclay apron sink? Also, how will the tuscan bronze finish look with the SS sinks?

Here are some photos of the faucets I'm looking at in the Tuscan bronze finish.

For the main farmhouse sink:

For the prep sink (this may be too large, also shown in the antique pewter as opposed to the Tuscan bronze)

Bar sink

Comments (3)