SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_wi

Finished Kitchen ~ Green and Cream using Cliq Studios cabs

lisa_wi
11 years ago

Well I'm finally here! Just the backsplash left at this point. Our house was built in 1929, but the previous owners gutted and remodeled about 8 years ago. Unfortunately they went with oak, kind of a funky layout, and 30" uppers in a room with almost 9 foot ceilings. They cabinets hadn't held up that great either, so we decided to replace all the cabinets and change the layout. We bought this house 18 months ago when we decided to downsize so that I could stay at home with our 3 kids. With that said it was a relatively low budget remodel.

Before in all its oak and cranberry glory ~

and after ~ We pushed the refrigerator back into part of our front hall closet and turned a G into a galley. New 42" uppers and (almost) all drawers. I love the new layout!

The details:

Cabinets: Cliq Studios Tea Leaf lowers, Painted Linen uppers

Counters: Black Pearl Granite

Sink: 30" Kohler Whitehaven in biscuit

Faucet: Kohler Simplice in stainless steel

Ceiling Light: Rejuvenation Jefferson in black with glass shade from ebay

Sink Light: Hi-Lite Manufacturing Warehouse Shade 8" in Vanilla Cream

Undercabinet Lights: ProLED 1.5 watt strips

Peninsula Legs and Apron: Osborne Wood Products St. Simons Island Post and beaded apron painted by me to match

Hardware: Cup Pulls are Thomasville Garner 2 3/4" Cup Pull in matte black, Knobs are Liberty P40005C in flat black, both from Home Depot

Stools: 24" Saddle Seat Stool from Walmart

Flooring: Original maple with a little repair/replacement done

Wall paint: Sherwin Williams Compatible Cream

Trim paint: Sherwin Williams Creamy

I think its helpful to have a budget breakdown especially for lower end kitchens so I thought I'd include that as well:

Cabinets, crown, peninsula legs and apron: $5,500

Granite Counters: $2,200

Other Building Materials: $550

GC's Labor (including installing cabs, framing new closet): $1,600

GC Fee: $400

Lighting: $310

Plumbing Fixtures: $1,200

Hardware: $170

Plumbing: $1,285

Electrical: $1,200

Drywall: $1,100

HVAC: $100

Paint: $50

Accessories: $150

Total: about $16,000 which was pretty much the total budget we started with. Some things shifted back and forth - more on lighting, less on electrical sub, more on drywall, less on plumbing fixtures.

Comments (63)