SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangea_luvr

Progress - baby steps

hydrangea_luvr
13 years ago

I've posted a few times...have been struggling with some decisions we need to make, as well as getting a GC. Well, we finally have a GC (who actually KNOWS what soapstone is and has worked with it). Our cabinetmaker met with us and gave us great ideas. And, our appliances are on order. I am just waiting to get a start date set.

My budget isn't really big (compared to a lot on here), but I'm really getting most of what I want. Cherry shaker cabinets, soapstone countertops, and the appliances that I want (that I can afford). Induction cooktop, Electrolux single wall oven (30"), french door refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher. Hubby wanted black so we went with that. We are still stuck with the cooktop on the peninsula, and it looks like we are going with a downdraft vent. I know it's not optimal, but we have had to make some concessions along the way.

I know some suggested that our kitchen was too small for a wall oven, but by using a wall oven, we actually wind up with better storage options for us. We had to downsize the pantry, but we are going to have one of the pull-outs, so I'm still thinking that it's all good...at least for us.

I'll keep you posted as we proceed along the way since I know this is just the beginning. I'm sure it will be quite a ride. I want to thank everyone on this forum for great ideas and the wealth of information. It's been incredibly helpful!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville