SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friend_gw

Need your help! Progress report &Fertilize/feeding babies?

friend
16 years ago

HI everyone. I don't come here too often. Those of you who have been around for a while might remember me. I posted 2 years ago asking for help on yellow roses to plant in rememberance of my Black Lab "Friend". You'll be happy to know that those yellow roses ( I ended up with carefree sunshine, easy going( i think) and Golden Celebration- a david austin which has proven to be my favorite so far.. ( though it hasnt gotten too busy yet? kind of leggy with big blooms at the ends which tend to droop? any help there?

So thank you all for your help.. my doggy's memorial site is thriving for 2 years straight now. this will be it's third summer and it's honestly the pride of my garden and has gotten me more into roses than ever. so thank you so much for your help.

anyway- my main question for today was about some new roses I jsut purchased as a privacy hedge.. they are called "Pink Flamingo" roses..?Hedge roses.. I got a great deal through Cottage Farms direct. 6 babies for $38 and they came in really nice condition. SMALL- about 4-6 inches each but very green and healthy looking. anyway- i planted them up and mulched them in their new homes, and wrapped some fencing around them because a chippy or grundhog has taken a few bites of stem so far..but other wise they seem fine.

I need these guys to grow up big and strong.. so when do I fertilize? since they are babies..i wasn't sure the rules of when..I dont want to make them grow too fast to be strong rooted? or have the new growth ravaged by bugs?

I have no idea what i'm really talking about.. just trying to be careful. I wrote into the company about it..but nothign back yet..( only been a day). Thought you guys would know best anyway though..

what do you guys say? what's my best course of action?

Thank you guys.. I'll take pics of the other roses and send to you sometime. I promise.

Comments (2)