SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascema

i want a 1920's soft, black and cream kitchen--help please

lascema
15 years ago

I am remodeling and have original crackled subway tile 3/4 the way up with a black bullnose edge tile. I have on hold some "statuario venato" marble which is basically white with grey veining. My cabinets are full inset with nickel hardware in a warm white or cream. I am thinking GE monogram appliances stainless with the Rohl single tile- in sink. I just don't like the monster fridges that are available so I am thinking a Northstar retro in white. Do you think I need more black color incorporated in the counter to make this work, perhaps a darker countertop to go with the bullnose edge black tile, such as soapstone? What do you think of the retro fridge in white, is it too many different finishes? I am aiming for a twenties look, I know the fridge is 1950's but it is soft looking (curves). I would like a twenties, soft look so to speak. My kitchen is only 11.5 x 12. Any input greatly appreciated. The cabinet people are tired of waiting for me to make up my mind. I am new to this forum and love it, I have learned sooooo much!!!!!! Thanks for the suggestions in advance. Lascema

Comments (22)