SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkliveng_gw

NC Kitchen Plan Review

9 years ago

Hey guys,

Below is what I have come up with for my kitchen in a new build. I wanted to know your thoughts. Please let me know if you have any questions, I may have not have labeled enough.

A few details:

Island includes sink and DW to it's right. To the left will be drawers, and it will also have drawers on the outside to hold napkins, large rarely used dishes, etc.

There will be upper cabs to the right and left of the stove.

To the right and left of the refrig will be cabinets all the way up, no counter space. This will store mostly kitchen tools, appliances, and what not. The trash will be in the one on the left side.

A little about me: I am a big cooker and casually entertain at least once a month. I have acquired a lot of silly tools I will rarely use, but want to hold onto. I have no children yet, but plan to start after the home is built.

Pantry info: I included the pantry in the image, it will be right through the doors into the mud room. For now with it just being the two of us, I plan on doing drawers in the cabs around the fridge to hold most pantry items that we use day to day. We aren't big snackers so it's mostly pasta, rice, canned goods, flour, etc.

The fridge itself is my splurge.

I have not decided on microwave, if anyone has suggestions. I was thinking maybe in the cab to the right of the stove.

Thank you in advance for any advice and suggestions!

Comments (12)