SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachbum_gw

floors finished last--but i dont want 3/4 round--help

15 years ago

I told floor guy before job started that I wanted the wood floors finished except for one coat of poly before cabinets went in. He didn't do it....couldn't get me in the schedule or whatever. He and cabinet guy had words, but it didn't happen.

Fast Fwd to today. I get a "overages" bill from my cabinet guy. (Overages for other things were expected). There is a $800 charge for painted and installed 3/4 round with extra trips. (Let me be clear that I love my cabinet guy and I'm not at all concerned that he is, or may be overcharging me for the 3/4 round. He is a friend and has done a lot for us for free).

My problem is that it is becoming clear that I have to have this 3/4 round to cover up the "oops" from the floor guy.

The floor guy doesn't start until monday. He is reputation is that he is the best, and he certainly was more expensive than anyone else.

I'm really pissed b/c I don't want 3/4 round (prefer the look without it) and it seems that the only reason I have to have it is because the floor guy didn't do his job in a timely manner/ and or when he does do the job he can't keep the sander/ stain from bumping my cabinets at the bottom.

Thoughts on what to do?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor