SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Let's talk curtains

kellienoelle
10 years ago

I have typically been more of a bare windows gal, but I think I want to add some window treatments in my dining room. I think it will make it much more polished and finished. However, there are some challenges (of course). First, my MIL is quite a seamstress. I am thinking of asking her to make for me (haven't asked yet so she could say no), so would like to select something that isn't too complicated . Having never touched a sewing machine, I don't know what that means. I can assume a triple pinch pleat is a bit labor intensive, but don't know that for sure. Second, the windows on the side wall butt up right against the other walls, and a door on one side. Not a lot of space to work with. Here are some pictures.....and if you have suggestions that go outside of window treatments, I'm all ears. This is a new for us house (well, a few months back) so everything we have came from our old house (except for the Oushak rug, that is new and will be sticking around). I do like the paint color so would like it to stick around too.

First off, the side wall so you can see the placement of the windows (and your eyes aren't playing tricks on you, yes that IS an electric green house about an arms length away)

And one with the blinds (pre-rug) closed since my iphone doesn't like shooting into the light
{{!gwi}}

And the window that looks to the front

For fabric, I want a pattern, but here is where I get stumped. Nothing to formal, the house is old (1920 colonial) but my style is more casual, I guess transitional if you wanted to label it. But then again, I also love toile, so who knows. I browsed curtain fabrics a bit and I like something like this but have a hard time thinking of how they would look as curtains. I also worry that this is my chance to add something spectacular with an awesome print and am wimping out on something simple because I am overwhelmed with choice. As another option, I used to drool over KevinMP's silk striped drapes.

Still with me.....so, ideas for types of curtains for DIY,rods in an awkward space, and fabric please.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville