SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebean_gw

New Soapstone Counter LOVE!! (with photos)

ebean
13 years ago

Couldn't be more excited or happy! Our kitchen now has the most beautiful PA soapstone counters and as a very satisfied customer, I want to recommend the company we use. I am always seeing one other company mentioned and never the one we used. Our journey went like this:

I called a few Vermont soapstone companies and had a great talk with Green Mountain Soapstone. They gave my number to Vance Ebbecke - who worked for them for 7 years and had moved down to NY to a company called "Marble Techniques". Vance gave us referrals whom I called and we went out to see as soon as he called us to let us know he got in a new shipment. I have to say that their granite selection was astounding even tho we were there for soapstone. He and his crew were great about walking us through the process and moving around slabs. He helped us understand which slaps were from the same blocks - and would water down slaps (a few times over and over so we could make up our minds). They didn't charge by the slab but by how much we used. After we picked our slabs and before the templating, I placed a few nervous nellie calls to him and he calmly answered each and every one. Templater came and did very exact measurements - reassuring my gc who was on site - and a cad drawing of the kitchen. We worked out the carved runnels to everyone's satisfaction. We were told 2 weeks because they are very busy right now but ended up getting the counters 8 days later because someone canceled their appointment. I was on jury duty yesterday and my husband stayed home with the gc - and he said that they were completely professional and I came home to absolutely perfect counters. My husband said that our gc saw that one corner wasn't rounded (we chose an eased edge with rounded corners) and they took care of it right there. The one seam at the sink is undetecable unless you really look for it. Our GC told my husband that he was very impressed by them (and that's hard to do with our GC!) and that they made all the right choices in how they cut the soapstone - put the veining in the right places for the best wear and tear.

Here's their info: if you want to contact me, please go to my page and email me. I cannot tell you just how happy we are. Below are photos...and a link to our kitchen reno in general. Thank you GW'ers...if it wasn't for this site, we would never have had or considered soapstone counters. I'm in love!

Vance Ebbecke

Field Manager

Marble Techniques Inc.

15-30 131 Street

College Point, NY 11356

P: 718.204.5001 ext 3036

vance@marbletechniques.net

and now, the photos:

unoiled:

From Kitchen Reno

unoiled:

From Kitchen Reno