SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmnorse

Finished Kitchen

jmnorse
11 years ago

Thank you all! I just finished my kitchen earlier this week. I started researching and posting here last June and after over a year of slow effort, it's now finished and feels great. I owe a great deal to people here for their assistance. Lisa A, LaxSuperMom, and Lavender Lass helped a lot with my layout, and LiveWireOak helped me pick out a door style. Also, thanks to everyone who uses gardenweb since I did a lot of research here.

Cabinets - Wellborn Forest - Madison Door - Cinnamon Cherry

I had some quality concerns when they arrived. After some cleanup and mfg replacements, they were great.

Counters - Blue Pearl GT

Beautiful! I used a trick I saw posted here to get ogee on the island and half-bullnose elsewhere. Got a nice look and saved some money. I also got runnels next the sink and I'm glad I did. I had tried to use Amastin for the overhang supports. The owner there was very helpful, but I could never get him to send me an invoice, so I ended up at a local metal fab place. Probably cost half as much.

UCL - Environmental Lights 12V Strip LEDs

I bought a reel and some housings and built them to my exact lengths. For the glass cabinet, I tacked strips on the insides of the stiles. I like the look and don't need glass shelves as a result.

Backsplash - Lowes...

A Blanco Silgranit single-bowl sink, Delta touch-on faucet, and Delta pot filler. I like the deep sink since it hides all my dirty dishes. The runnels let me dry everything without having a dish rack out.

Original Dining Room

From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared
From Shared

Finished

From Shared

Night Shot

From Shared

Final Layout

From Shared

Island Overhang Supports - This may be extremely close to the Amastin design. The owner had verbally described a few things. I used his description to create these drawings when I gave up trying to get him to send me an invoice to do the work. Contrary to the drawing, I used regular steel and painted it.

From Shared

Justin

Comments (35)