SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess1979_gw17

Is this normal for quartz and granite purchase

jess1979
10 years ago

We are getting perimeter counters out of quartz and the island top out of granite. I was able to get 1 1/2 slabs for the quartz and the granite is coming from a remnant ( the bottom part of a slab). They came and took the measurements for the template. I asked if we could go when they put it on the granite to see where they are going to cut it and was told no. The island top is 7' long. She said that would take most of it. The counter with the quartz is an L shape from one end to the wall is 11 feet and from the next wall to the end is 9 feet. (so is there 24" of overlap) then there is a double oven cabinet which does not use any quartz then a 2' cabinet. I asked if there would be much left over and was told no. A slab of this quartz is 55"X118". Does it sound correct that not much would be left over. Also when they came out we asked all the questions people on GW suggested we ask except the important one about seams. We forgot to ask. Do you usually meet again to go over where the seams will be and where on the stone exactly they will be cutting? We have already ordered it and paid. Does this all sound normal that not much will be left of the quartz, we can not see where they will be cutting from on the granite and I have no idea about the seams?

Comments (7)