SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691163

Is it normal for the granite fabricator to NOT come to house?

11 years ago

I finally found a fabricator who does near invisible seams (my big hang up with the others), uses brackets on the sink not just glue, and every reference I called raved over him. When I called him back to ask when he wanted to come measure, he said it wouldn't be necessary. Granted, our kitchen is easy. It's a galley with no bends or curves, and I sent him a drawing with the exact measurements of the base cabinets - except for the two cutouts.

But all the others said they would come measure and template before cutting. This guy said he would do the edges and leave the width cut until he got here. But there is still the cut outs for the sink and cooktop. Are those done on site usually or in the shop before they bring it?

Also, another thing that was different about this guy is that he gave me a price for the installation and said he will meet me at the granite yard, I'll pay for the granite, and then he will take it from there.

When I was looking for granite last week, the guy at the stone yard said that if I found a fabricator who would let me buy the stone myself, it would be cheaper for me. He might have been thinking about this guy when he said it. I got this guy's card at that stone yard.

Like I said, he got absolute raves from the 4 references I called, and two of them were builders who had used him for many years.

Am I worrying too much?

Comments (23)