SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adming1

Fabricator Broke My Granite While Installing

AdminG1
10 years ago

Hello

my husband called to tell me they cracked the granite while installing it on the island. I flew home and called the granite shop to inform him that his fabricator cracked the granite. He tried to tell me that it was part of the granite which made me furious because he didn't even ask me how it happened. I told him that once I arrived home I'd call him with more information.

Fabricator was already fixing it when I got home and the fabricator told me that it didn't crack all the way through and It wasn't a big deal. My husband took a picture of it before they started fixing it and it definitely broke all the way through. I informed the fabricator that I didn't appreciate a lie. By this time, the granite guy arrived at my home.

My husband informed me that the fabricator had pleaded with him to not call and tell me what happened. He told my husband that he would fix it and I would never know. What was this guy thinking? Luckily the granite guy was licensed and he was the one who hired the fabricator.

The granite guy took full responsibility and told us to give them a chance to fix it. If I wasn't happy in the end, he agreed to get me a new piece. He stayed the entire time.

They did a pretty good job fixing it.
You can't feel where the crack is at and it's also in an area that won't be used that much. We had my kids try and find the crack and they couldn't.

I am so glad that my husband was home or else the fabricator would have hidden this from us. In the end, Granite guy gave us a pretty good discount with a 6 year warranty on entire granite vs the original 1 year warranty.
I will post a pic of the fixed granite soon.

Comments (20)