SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rcmb_gw

Stone selected, please weigh in on sink/backsplash...

rcmb
12 years ago

So first, here is my kitchen (wish I had taken this during daylight, ignore light fixture and table as those are going):

My beautiful "Snowdrift" granite, which will be honed, not polished (quarry name is White Galaxy):

For the Kohler iron tones sink, we chose the sea salt even though the cane sugar was a perfect match, mainly to highlight the lightest tones in the stone:

Here is the wall tile front runner (well only runner at this point since I've eliminated all my other samples):

And last, here's a closeup with our paint color and tile:

I am not looking for any "pop" of color in my kitchen, I'm really seeking more of a soothing calm feeling in the space.

Looking for input on colors and the style of the tile, I don't want my backsplash to compete at all, but I do want something beautiful and light. The sink color samples don't do the iron tones justice (gorgeous, reflective quality a bit like crackle glass), but it's worth noting in the showroom the sea salt had an overall creamy effect rather than a bright white.

Please tell me if I'm on the wrong track, especially if you know of the perfect complement somewhere out there!

Comments (6)