SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlweaving_marji

opinions please on selections

mlweaving_Marji
10 years ago

Hopefully we'll be breaking ground on our new house in 2-3 weeks. I've been haunting these boards for a couple of months and have learned so much about layout and choices.
The builder wants all selections made in advance, so I've been working hard to get everything in order. And I know that it's common here to wait til all is in before making backsplash decisions, but I'm willing to make a mistake rather than live without a BS forever.
My vision is for slightly-more-formal than strictly "beach house", but I want a cool breezy light look. I've always loved white cabinets, and am almost a bit miffed that they're so trendy right now, now that I can finally build a kitchen with white.
This is a photo of the KD layout, sorry but I don't have a digital image.

Material selections
Perimeter Fieldstone Cabinets Shaker style, White
Island Fieldstone Cabinets Midnight blue
Counter Granite perimeter Blue Pearl, Island quartzite LG Viatera Everest
Backsplash Jeffrey Court Park Place - Natural Stone Mosaics - Lexington Sky
Hardware restoration Hardware Lugarno Pulls and Hanson knobs, polished nickel
Island Pendants Sonneman Roxy Drum Pendant polished nickel
Stained maple hardwood flooring

Appliance selections
sink Franke PRK160 sink
Jenn-Aire counter depth white refrigerator
Thermador Steam Oven, Thermador Gas 36â Range, Thermador dishwasher
Vent A Hood PRH18

Notes:
-I tried to include a prep sink, but there just isn't room - it's not a terribly large kitchen
-I don't have a microwave, have never used one for more than heating coffee and popping popcorn, and decided I didn't need one.
-the blue of the island base is being repeated in the built-in bar and bookcase cabinets across in the great room, as will the blue pearl countertop
my concern:
I'm really concerned about the compatibility of the island quartz countertop with the blue pearl perimeter countertop.
The KD, the builder, and some friends here who've looked at it say it'll be fine. I'd like to know what the TKO's here think.

If you've made it this far, thank you! I welcome your suggestions

Here is a link that might be useful:

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 6:59

Comments (29)