SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

What do you think of this daybed for DD? Bedding ideas

Valerie Noronha
14 years ago

DD and I are planning an update of her room. She's 8, going on 13 and tired of cutsie pink. She has a collection of mismatched furniture including an oak trundle bed.

I've been eyeing daybeds for about a year now with her in mind and spied one I like on CL today. The iron scrollwork sure is pretty, but I'm wondering how comfortable it will be for her--also if it'll be safe. Of course, we'd do it up with lots of pillows and squishies. Then the rest of the furniture I'd paint--either white or an accent color or pick up some other pieces on CL. She liked this cute white French Provincial set on CL--what can I say, she has good taste!

If I go this route, what type of bedding do I need? We just bought a new comforter set from JCP that she picked out. Obviously I'd need another pillow sham, but I'm wondering how do I dress the bottom part of the bed with the trundle? Do I just have the coordinating sheets show or do I pull down the comforter so it goes to the floor or do I need different bedding all together?

Lastly, how much should I offer since she mentions OBO? I was thinking $150. Then hopefully I can sell my existing set for $150 and break even.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bay Bed with Trundle

Comments (7)